2nd April 2018
Uzbekistan and Krygyzstan
Come with us on a journey through Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Travel with us on one of the most fascinating sections of the ancient Silk Road, exploring the convergence of cultures when East meets West at Samarkand and Bukhara.
You will encounter a broad range of cultures and civilisations, from the nomadic peoples of Kyrgyzstan with their hunting eagles and their yurt-like Gurs to the remnants of Soviet Russia including a perfomance of the famed Bolshoi Ballet at the grand opera house in Tashkent.
Lovers of textiles will enjoy the handmade rugs, hand woven Margilan silks, velvet ikat, and block prints using centuries old techniques.
Highlights include visiting the three oldest Hamams (Steam Baths) in Bukhara dating from the 13th Century, the beautiful Madrasahs of Registan square, Ak Saroy Palace in Shakhrisabz
Download a PDF of full itinerary
THIS TOUR IS NOW OVER... Make an enquiry about our next trip
Our price includes:
- Accommodation with breakfast as mentioned or similar
- Transport service as per the itinerary
- Meals on B&B basis + 1 Lunch and 1 dinner in Chon Kemin on Day 5
- English speaking escort guide in Uzbekistan
- English speaking escort guide in Kyrgyzstan
- Entrance fees to museums and sites included in the itinerary
- Visa Invitation letters if necessary
- Economy class train tickets Tashkent – Kokand, Tashkent – Samarkand
- Airfares Bishkek – Tashkent (economy class, subject to change)
- Airfares Urgench – Tashkent (economy class, subject to change)
- Airfares Osh – Bishkek (economy class, subject to change)
- Meals not mentioned above
- Folk shows
- International airfares
- Insurance & Visa fees
- Tips/Gratitude to Drivers & Guides
- Any other items not mentioned above.
With 25 years of travel experience behind them Daylesford Travel pulls together the best itineraries to make the most of the countries you want to visit. They specialise in small group tours of no more than 10 lucky clients.
Get in touch
22 Howe Street,
Office Hours -
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday by appointment
ph 61 3 53484266
GET OUR NEWSLETTER